Dr John Davis
JD is a proud Murri Ambae man. He is a Traditional Owner of the western sides of Bunya Bunya Mountains, Country we call Boobagarrn Ngumminge. “My people are Cobble Cobble kinnected to Warra and Dalby. We have links directly to the Barunggam and Wakka Wakka people”.
He is passionate about our people, our languages and culture and working and moving our ways forward as best practice in education and community development.
His current role as Chief of Research for the Stronger Smarter Institute enables him to work and train educators nation wide on Indigenous education praxis.
Over a two-decades of education and community collaboration JD’s highlights include:
- PhD in Indigenous Community Models of Education – Community Durithunga, shortlisted as an Outstanding thesis, QUT
- A QLD state Lead Educator in Schools including; Advisor, Principalship, Head of Department and Subject Area Coordinator Indigenous Education 1999 - Ongoing
- National Aborigional & Torres Strait Islander Principal Associate member & international speaker.
- Lectureship Positions; University of Queensland & James Cook University including current Master Class deliveries in UQ for Indigenous Education and the Stronger Smarter Approach, 2017 – today.
- Expert Panel Member Yugambeh Museum to Prime Minister & Cabinet (PM&C) 2017
- Expert Panel Membership UNESCO, Special Rapporteur on Indigenous Education, Paris, France
- Expert Panel Member and Consultant for Philippines – Australian Indigenous Education Tour.